Bing Cherry Beer Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (pinch)
- 2 ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups beer
- 1 cup Hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 5.5 oz bag of Cherry Country dried Bing cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 4 teaspoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a whisk, mix all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, and cinnamon, together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together, add eggs and beat well.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and beer. Mix until just combined.
- Add hazelnuts and cherries and fold into batter.
- Pour into a well greased tube pan and bake for one hour at 350°F, or until toothpick, wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then carefully invert on cake plate.
For your vanilla glaze: heat butter until melted. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and water. Stir all ingredients until smooth. Pour over cake and serve.
*We used a lager for this recipe and thought it was a wonderful combination with the Bing cherries and hazelnuts.