Acorn Squash with Dried Cherries & Walnuts
- 2 acorn squash
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Cherry Country Dried Tart Cherries
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds from the squash then carefully cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place the wedges into a large baking dish then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and brown sugar.
- Bake the squash in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until squash meat is soft and caramelized around the edges.en. In a small saucepan over medium heat add the butter, walnuts and dried cherries; cook until the butter is melted, then drizzle over the squash.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Serve & Enjoy!